Eric Curto REALITY TV AFICIONADO
Welcome to my blog reality TV lovers! If you’re looking for news, gossip, or just need a quick recap on what you missed this week in reality TV then you came to the right place. I will happily provide you with my style of recaps for all your favorite reality shows… but like all good tour guides if I can’t I will gladly direct you to the nearest place that can. If you want to learn more about me check out the tabs above for my personal and professional websites, as well as sites in the slideshow to the right. In the meantime I will be pumping out quirky blog posts, recap videos, and even a podcast or two! So click around this site or find me on your favorite social media site of choice (links in the sidebar).

Sunday, September 29, 2013

An important message from Your Reality Recaps.



Hey all, Eric here.  Ok, since a lot (and by no means “all” or even “most”) of you are bombarding me with tweets about my upcoming interviews.  I NEED TO SAY THIS and really hope you take a few minutes to read it:

I know some of you "hate" Andy/Amanda/GM (which is kinda hypocritical of those who do, since you “hate them” for him “hating”) but whatever.  I think they ALL played great GAMES.  As in game moves, as in strategy which I wrote all about it here.  Yes, they said some horrible stuff in the house.  I’m sure we will address it, just like I’m sure if you hate them you won’t like their answers.  To that point, if you are a fan of what we do you know we don’t take things to seriously and we focus on the “comedic” side of things.  We will ask your questions, but at the end of the day we are trying to make a funny feel good show.  I’m not Diane Sawyer, I’m not WaWa Walters and I kinda don’t wanna be.  So here is the deal… if you hate anybody I’m interviewing, don’t watch (and don’t tweet me about how much you hate it).  I’m pretty sure nobody is forcing you to watch.  And I’m not saying that to be a dick.  Hear me out…

For those of you who hate the people on my shows, I get it.  That show isn’t for you.  It’s for the fans who like those people.  And guess what, you may love the Elissa, Rachel, Candice or Judd show then... or the Nick & GM one.  Maybe you love a “…” or thought inside parentheses as much as I do… You may hate bad grammar (in which case you must really hate me … but back on topic).  You may also hate BB15 all together but can’t wait for our Bravo Shows, Survivor Recaps and Amazing Race interviews.  That’s what I do here...  I try and make shows and content so all the fans of what I/We do are happy.  I spend all day, most nights, every weekend and all summer creating, producing, scheduling, and editing content for you all.  This is a 24/7 “job” which is at the expense of a lot of other things in my life.  And “job” is a bad word to describe it, because I don’t get paid to do it.  As a matter of fact, after hosting, websites, etc. (you get the point) it actually costs me money (A LOT of money) to do all this.  But hey feel free to donate and I’ll take your complaints WAY more seriously.  LOL!   Actually, I am kidding.  Don’t give it to me.  Help out Britney instead and her precious Tilly.  If you want to help me, you can always subscribe to our new YouTube channel (link above), get your family and friends to also and share our content on social media.  Then maybe one day I can make back some money with ads and such.  

So why do I do it then… and for the love of God get to the point you say?  Ok.  Well I do it for a few very personal reasons, that maybe I’ll share someday (but not today).  The other main reason is that I LOVE THE LITTLE “YOUR REALITY RECAPS” COMMUNITY we have all built up over these seasons of shows.  The community that made it through the Katlin interview and LOVED IT BTW!  We always laugh, try not to take ourselves too seriously and have always disagreed peacefully.  In the three years I’ve been doing this there hasn’t been any fights, hate, or huge drama around these parts.  I’ve literally taken so much pride in that.  So to now have so many people tweeting hate at me and around this “community” really upsets me and makes me question why I’m doing this. 

Save the drama for you’re your mama people!  (Yea I went 80s).  Again, this is free.  You don’t pay.  I pay for it, and work at it non-stop for fans like you.  So if you hate something about it, great.  Just sit tight till the next thing you might like, or move along.  But you don’t need to shit all over what I’m doing and what other fans in our community want to hear about.  I am “sticking up” for them now, just as I would for you if the situation was reversed.  I’m also sticking up for myself and the hard work I put in to make every that I do from the website, to shows, to social media, and events happen. 

So hopefully that made sense.  Its 2am here.  I’m exhausted… and not from having fun with friends on a Saturday night (but I think I made that clear already).  Much love to you all.  Just remember I do what do (and people like Jon, Missy, Jeffery too) because of you all.  So let’s all just enjoy it together.  There is enough hate and drama in the world.  This should be a place of good times, hard laughs, and juicy gossip… cause ya know (despite this blog post) were not all bubble gum and rainbows people.  We LOVE sarcasm and pushing the envelope with some “jokes”.  I just don’t need the constant bombardment of hate tweeting.  Ok, now I’m rambling and need to sleep.  Lots of shows this week!

Xoxoxo-

Eric 

1 comment:

  1. Great points and I agree. This year I did not get feeds because HGs & viewers are so hateful. BB15 is my last year for BBUS because it is just not entertaining to me. It leaves me angry and hateful. The show has become a anything goes platform and that attracts viewers that enjoy that type of atmosphere. Add Social Media in the mix and they feel entitled to abuse the HGs in any way they want.

    I still love Reality TV in a big way; FaceOff, Survivor, Project Runway, Amazing Race and more. I just choose to stay away from a ton of conflict.

    ReplyDelete